The Hero Arm is a lightweight myoelectric prosthesis with a versatile multi-grip bionic hand, an adjustable and breathable socket, high-performance motors and batteries, and empowering aesthetics. It is the most affordable multi-grip bionic arm in the world, less than half the price of its nearest competitor. The Hero Arm is durable, reliable, medically approved, and FDA registered. It is available through prosthetics clinics for both adults and children as young as eight years old with acquired or congenital below-elbow upper limb differences.
- The Hero Arm is a lightweight myoelectric prosthesis with multi-grip functionality
- and empowering aesthetics for adults and children as young as eight years old.
- Each Hero Arm is custom-built, based on the needs of each person in the UK using 3D printing and 3D scanning technologies.
Meet the Hero Arm – a prosthetic arm for adults and children:
- Advanced, intuitive, robust.
- Engineered and manufactured in the UK, the Hero Arm is a lightweight and affordable myoelectric prosthesis, now available in the USA, UK, Europe, Australia and New Zealand for below-elbow amputee adults and children aged 8 and above.
- Your limb difference is your superpower.
Engineered especially for you:
- Each Hero Arm is unique, just like you.
- We take a 3D scan of your limb, use clever software and design to manufacture your Hero Arm using tough Nylon 12.
- The full prosthesis is robust, and the innovative socket is comfortable, adjustable and breathable, making it easy to take on and off while providing you with the best fit.
Intuitive and effortless:
- With the Hero Arm, enjoy technology at your fingertips.
- Special sensors within the Hero Arm detect muscle movements, meaning you can effortlessly control your bionic hand with intuitive life-like precision.
- Also, haptic vibrations, beepers, buttons and lights provide you with intuitive notifications to help you control bionic arm movements.
Lightweight, powerful, strong:
- Through advanced engineering, we have developed the most lightweight bionic arm on the market.
- With long-lasting batteries and a super sleek design, the Hero Arm will feel like part of you.
- And it’s strong too, able to lift up to 8 kg (17.64 lbs), allowing you to make the most out of the everyday.
Durable & Reliable –
The Hero Arm is a medically certified and FDA registered Class 1 medical device, with up to 5 years warranty
All-day battery –
12-hour battery life gives you all day usage without needing to plug in and charge.
Multi-grip versatility –
The Hero Arm has up to six easy-to-select grips, such as pinch, tripod, and hook, giving the great user control.
Freeze mode –
The hand can be held in a static position for a no-fuss, reliable grip, like holding a glass to take a drink.
Lights, sounds, and vibrations –
A suite of feedback to let you know the status of your bionic hand.
wrist –Rotate your wrist through 180 degrees.
Proportional control –
Control the strength of your grip for delicate tasks like picking up an egg without breaking it.
Custom covers –
Show your style; have different looks for different outfits. You can choose from a wide range of designs and colours; including Star Wars, Frozen, and Marvel Iron Man.
- Lightweight – The Hero Arm weighs less than 2.2lbs in its entirety. The hand comes in three sizes, and at 0.62lbs – 0.76lbs, is the lightest bionic hand available.
Haptic vibrations and beepers on the electrodes, as well as buttons and lights, offer intuitive notifications.
An adjustable socket and a removable ventilated liner (both custom 3D-printed) give exceptional fit and comfort.
The most affordable bionic arm:
We are on a mission to make bionic prosthetics more accessible across the globe, that’s why the Hero Arm is less than half the price of the nearest competitor. The Hero Arm is also the first multi-grip myoelectric arm available for children aged 8+ living with a below-elbow limb difference.
We’ve designed the Hero Arm to give you multi-grip versatility. With 6 easy-to-select grips, you’re in control. Lights, sounds, and vibrations will give you feedback on the status of your bionic arm. We’ve even included a freeze mode, to give you the option to hold the Hero Arm in a static position for no-fuss, reliable grip.
With proportional control, you decide the speed of finger movements to give you the ability to undertake even the most delicate tasks like picking up an egg with your prosthetic arm. Opposable thumbs and wrist will allow you to undertake everyday tasks that require grabbing tiny objects or picking items up at odd angles with wrist rotation of 180 degrees.
Built for your comfort:
We make the hand, socket, and Hero Arm and deliver an all-in-one bespoke prosthesis that’s formed perfectly for you. Our industry-leading dynamic sockets are breathable for enhanced ventilation and compressible and expandable to give you comfort in various conditions. You can remove sockets giving you the ease of care of your prosthesis.