EMOTIV EPOC X
IMPORTANT: Requires software license subscription EMOTIV Pro for full feature USAGE.
for more information visit official site: https://www.emotiv.com/emotivpro/
Links below are License plans =available here for free lite version (providing limited features) as well as 1, 3 and 5 year annual subscription billing for software license EMOTIV Pro allowing full feature access of EMOTIV EEG headset devices.
EMOTIV EPOC X
The most credible and cost-effective mobile EEG Brainwear® device reimagined.
EPOC X has been designed with the following improvements:
- Rotating headband that can be positioned on top or at the rear of the head — ideal for sleep studies or accommodating head support.
- Electroplated electrodes to reduce oxidation and sustainably designed sensors — no more sensor clip breakages.
- Opening at the rear of each sensor allows for easy rehydration without moving the headset.
- Adjusted and relocated amplifiers to reduce noise and improve signal quality.
- Updated antenna and radio for improved headset performance.
- Shipped in a protective and reusable travel case.
EMOTIV EPOC X is designed for scalable and contextual human brain research — providing access to professional-grade brain data with an improved and easy-to-use design.
- 14-CHANNEL EEG: whole-brain sensing
- MAXIMIZED WEARABILITY: with rotating headband
SALINE-BASED ELECTRODES: new and easy to rehydrate design
- WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY: for PC and mobile devices
- RECHARGEABLE: up to 9 hours of battery life
10-AXIS MOTION SENSORS: detect head movements
EPOC X Quick Start Guide:
STEP 1: Unboxing
Remove the sleeve, unzip and remove the headset from the case. Contained in the zip pocket located inside the case, you will find: a sample saline bottle, sensor felts, a USB receiver dongle and a USB-C charging cable.
STEP 2: Charge your headset before use
Plug the USB-C cable into the charging port located on the right side of the headset. Charge until the indicator light on the headset turns green.
STEP 3: Hydrate the sensor felts
To hydrate the sensor felts, place them in a glass then add the saline and soak. Squeeze out excess fluid.
STEP 4: Fitting the sensor felts
Each hydrated sensor felt can be fitted into each sensor arm, by pushing it inside the opening, then making sure it’s secured in place.
STEP 5: Connecting the EPOC X
Plug the USB receiver dongle into your computer, one LED will light. Next press the power button on the headset. The headset should beep and LED next to the power button will turn white. A second LED on the dongle should light and start to flash indicating connection/data transmission.
STEP 6: Headband settings
Fit the headset onto your participant and choose if you want to have the headband at the rear or top of the head. To adjust the headband, hold the arm and push the headband up or down to rotate. It will then lock into place.
When you are rotating the headband, make sure you update the settings in your application so the motion data can be interpreted correctly.
STEP 7: Rehydrating the sensor felts
You do not need to take the headset off to top up saline. To rehydrate the sensor felts use the opening on the top of the sensor and add the saline.
EMOTIV products are intended to be used for research applications and personal use only. Our products are not sold as medical devices — as defined in EU directive 93/42/EEC. Our products are not designed or intended to be used for the diagnosis or treatment of disease.
- Battery: Internal Lithium Polymer battery 595mAh
- Battery life: up to 12 hours using USB receiver, up to 6 hours using Bluetooth Low Energy
- Dimensions:9 x 15 x 15 cm