The Temperature Sensor has been designed for monitoring very small temperature changes in the peripheral extremities in Celsius or Fahrenheit. It can measure changes as small as 1/1000th of a degree. A stressful event, arousal or in other words sympathetic nervous system activity can lead to vasoconstriction in the peripheral extremities, causing a decrease in temperature.
The Temperature Sensor for NeXus offers:
- Easy finger placement
- Durable quality
- Precise measurement
A temperature sensor is a device used to measure temperature. This can be air temperature, liquid temperature or the temperature of solid matter. There are different types of temperature sensors available and they each use different technologies and principles to take the temperature measurement.
There are two types of temperature sensors:
- a contact type and
- a non-contact type.
A contact-type temperature sensor is placed into contact with the measured object and measures the temperature when the heat balance is reached. This kind of sensor includes thermocouples, platinum resistance temperature detectors (RTD) and thermistors.RKC supplies various thermocouples and platinum resistance temperature detectors.
A non-contact temperature sensor detects infrared radiation emitted from the measured object and measures the temperature from the radiation amount. A radiation temperature sensor belongs to this category. This sensor detects moisture percentage in the ambient atmosphere simultaneously with temperature.
We use a highly accurate high polymer resistance-type sensor.
General Purpose Temperature Sensors（Thermocouple / Resistance Temperature Detectors:
- A wide range of selection by shape and length
- Sheath type superior in response, vibration resistance, and shock resistance
- Nicrobell sheath thermocouple that can measure up to 900°C with a protection tube diameter
- Noble metal thermocouples that can measure up to 1500°C
- Sanitary temperature sensors are suitable for the production processes of food, beverage, and pharmaceutical products.
Temperature sensors for various applications（Thermocouple):
- Appropriate sensors can be selected according to the applications and the machines such as a cylinder of an injection moulding machine or a surface temperature of the roller.