Deep Learning, Machine Learning and IoT in Biomedical and Health Informatics
Biomedical and Health Informatics is an important field that brings tremendous opportunities and helps address challenges due to an abundance of available biomedical data. This book examines and demonstrates state-of-the-art approaches for IoT and Machine Learning based biomedical and health related applications. This book aims to provide computational methods for accumulating, updating and changing knowledge in intelligent systems and particularly learning mechanisms that help us to induce knowledge from the data. It is helpful in cases where direct algorithmic solutions are unavailable, there is lack of formal models, or the knowledge about the application domain is inadequately defined. In the future IoT has the impending capability to change the way we work and live. These computing methods also play a significant role in design and optimization in diverse engineering disciplines. With the influence and the development of the IoT concept, the need for AI (artificial intelligence) techniques has become more significant than ever. The aim of these techniques is to accept imprecision, uncertainties and approximations to get a rapid solution. However, recent advancements in representation of intelligent IoTsystems generate a more intelligent and robust system providing a human interpretable, low-cost, and approximate solution. Intelligent IoT systems have demonstrated great performance to a variety of areas including big data analytics, time series, biomedical and health informatics. This book will be very beneficial for the new researchers and practitioners working in the biomedical and healthcare fields to quickly know the best performing methods. It will also be suitable for a wide range of readers who may not be scientists but who are also interested in the practice of such areas as medical image retrieval, brain image segmentation, among others.
- Discusses deep learning, IoT, machine learning, and biomedical data analysis with broad coverage of basic scientific applications
- Presents deep learning and the tremendous improvement in accuracy, robustness, and cross- language generalizability it has over conventional approaches
- Discusses various techniques of IoT systems for healthcare data analytics
- Provides state-of-the-art methods of deep learning, machine learning and IoT in biomedical and health informatics
- Focuses more on the application of algorithms in various real life biomedical and engineering problems
About the Author
Sujata Dash is an Associate Professor at P.G. Department of Computer Science & Application, North Orissa University, at Baripada, India.
Subhendu Kumar Pani is a Professor in the Department of Computer Science Engineering and also Research coordinator at Orissa Engineering College (OEC) Bhubaneswar.
Joel J. P. C. Rodrigues is a Professor at the Federal University of Piauí, Brazil; and senior researcher at the Instituto de Telecomunicações, Portugal.
Babita Majhi is an Assistant Professor in the department of Computer Science and Information Technology, Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya, Central University, Bilaspur, India.
- Publisher : CRC Press; 1st edition (11 February 2022)
- Author: Sujata Dash, Joel J. P. C. Rodrigues, Babita Majhi, Subhendu Kumar Pani
- Language : English
- Hardcover : 384 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0367544253
- ISBN-13 : 978-0367544256
- Dimensions : 15.6 x 2.24 x 23.39 cm