The Final Flaw
Our flaws define us, what happens when they are gone?
In the near future, genetic defects will soon be a thing of the past. Every child is born using The Template, a revolutionary invention ensuring health and happiness. Its success brought about Mendelium, the largest technology company in the world, which now controls humanity’s genetic future via a board of directors.
- Charlie Lamarck, an engineer with Tourette’s syndrome, is working to create a better life for future generations when he’s suddenly thrust into a position of power by Gerhard Geller, the eccentric CEO who has taken a liking to him—perhaps too quickly.
- Charlie’s differences have brought success into his life, and he’s skeptical of a world without flaws. Now, he faces a choice.
- Should Charlie work to change the future, or will he be part of the last generation shaped by their own genetic disadvantages?
Compelling, genuine, timely, and unforgettable: The Final Flaw is a gripping exploration into our differences and what makes us unique as human beings. This thought-provoking novel underlines the positives of neurological diversity and paints an all-too-realistic future of the corporatization of genetic technologies
About the Author
Michael Sullivan is an author and a software engineer currently residing in Fargo, North Dakota. He lives with his wife Erin and their dog Louie.
Outside of writing code and stories, Michael is passionate (i.e. obsessed) about continual education and self-improvement. He is a musician, chess player, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu practitioner, and health/fitness enthusiast fascinated with the idea of life-long-learning across multiple domains.
- Publisher : Michael R Sullivan (17 April 2022)
- Author: Michael Sullivan
- Language : English
- Paperback : 282 pages
- ISBN-13 : 979-8985929607
- Dimensions : 13.34 x 1.8 x 20.32 cm